The Santa Express is the most magical time of year at Oakfield Park and this special event sells out very quickly each year. Tickets go on sale on Monday 28th August at 10am, with a new ticketing provider and queuing system so that everyone can get a suitable slot.
This year, The Santa Express runs from November 29th to December 23rd.
Again, the event is better than ever before with more props and features each year. Aside from the train ride to meet the man himself, these are just some of the new attractions being added for 2023:
Did you know that the Elf Olympics happen every 100 years? This Christmas, we are excited to announce that Oakfield Park has the honour of hosting The Elf Olympic Games 2023! In our freshly designed cabins, you can take part in the Elf Olympic Games before you go into Santa’s grotto! There are games to suit everyone from present stacking, stocking races to basket-bauble. Play in your family group to try and beat the North Pole Record and win a gold medal.
Enter through the magical portal where you’ll travel thousands of miles to the North Pole in seconds. Step into the buzzing Christmas village where The Santa Express train awaits to take you through a winter wonderland of lights and enchanted forest to meet Santa himself. Warm your hands around delicious hot chocolate or mulled wine and explore everything the North Pole has to offer. Mrs Claus is working in the Post Office and can’t wait to meet you and help write your Christmas letters. Tootsie’s Toyshop is back with a huge selection of beautiful gifts and toys, The Holly Hut is serving it’s world-famous Christmas donuts and pretzels and The Treat Truck is fully stocked with treats. Meet the Elves of the North Pole like Mo in the Ice Palace and take photos with the giant teddy or the polar bears. Then you can spend some time in Chestnut Cottage making incredible Christmas crafts and cards or getting your face painted as your favourite reindeer.
What’s new for 2023:
- Elf Olympic Games. Fun for all the family as all games are team games. We know the excitement is to see the big man himself but while you wait to see him – you have the chance to win a gold medal for your family. Clever games for all ages and abilities are run by our enthusiastic elves so you won’t feel like you’re waiting. The newly decorated cabins outside Santa’s grotto are fully equipped to keep you jolly entertained.
- The Holly Hut – Hot treats will be available in the piazza
- Craft at Chestnut Cottage. A brand-new hut in the Christmas village dedicated purely to arts and crafts where you can make beautiful Christmas tree decorations, personalised Christmas cards with all the trimmings and have your face painted by Rainbow Elf.
- Igloo Ice Kingdom. Come in and meet Mo in the Ice Kingdom and have your photo with the polar bears and giant ice blocks. You may even learn something about ice fishing! The ice Kingdom is one of the many new photo opportunities this year.
- New and Exciting Christmas menu in Buffers as well as indoor seating. No prebooking required. Buffers have created a delectable Christmas menu, with cosy indoor seating and festive favourites.
- Year on year, we add ever more lights and features to captivate on the train journey More to see on your train journey. Watch as the elegant water lights dance off the lake or sparkle up and down the Longsleeper. In addition to Candyland, we have Toytown to see and glittering unicorns in the paddock as well as secret elf doors hidden all around the track. You can try to spot all the doors along your journey.
Join us for one of the country’s biggest Christmas events, and take a real train to meet the man himself by visiting www.oakfieldpark.com/santa or ticketmaster.ie