The Easter Express
It’s almost time to spring into action and let the fun begin as you hop onboard Donegal’s biggest Easter Hunt, The Easter Express!
March 29th, 30th, 31st & April 1st
12 – 6pm
The perfect Easter outing for the whole family!
Bounce along and arrive to a welcome from your favourite characters before starting your adventure with a train journey through the magical forest, disembarking at the home of the Queen of Hearts, where you’ll receive your map with instructions!
Get ready to discover and count the hidden golden eggs, become a duck detective and quack the clues as you enjoy some fun and games at Donegal’s biggest Easter Hunt.
4 Person compartment €59
– includes train ride for UP TO FOUR PEOPLE, chocolate treat for all children, activities, crafts & entertainment
5 Person compartment €69
– includes train ride for UP TO FIVE PEOPLE, chocolate treat for all children, activities, crafts & entertainment
6 Person compartment €79
– includes train ride for UP TO SIX PEOPLE, chocolate treat for all children, activities, crafts & entertainment
Tickets for this event must be pre-booked as there will be no availability at the gate.
This is to limit the numbers of people who can attend and ensure a space for everyone. Choose your preferred date below and follow the steps to secure your place for the biggest Easter event in Donegal.
Please note that this is an outdoor event. Wear walking shoes and bring appropriate outdoor clothing as you will be on foot. If you bring a buggy, please be aware that we can only take small collapsible ones on the train. Larger buggies must be left at the Buggy Park before boarding and collected again when you start the Egg Treasure Hunt (2-minute walk.)
We ask that you arrive at least half an hour before your scheduled train departure, but you can to join us anytime from 11.30am until 6pm. If your train is later in the day, then please ensure to arrive an hour or two before train departure so you don’t miss out on any activities.
What to bring & wear?
• This is an outdoor event, please ensure you have sufficient warm and waterproof clothing, especially for children.
• Children’s prams and buggies will not be allowed on the train due to lack of space but can be left securely in the buggy park at the Station.
• Toilet and baby changing facilities are available at the Piazza.
Terms & Conditions | Oakfield Park
By purchasing a ticket, the purchaser hereof agrees to and accepts all conditions of acceptance contained herein and all arena / organisation rules and standards of conduct posted in or about the venue.
• It is with regret that we cannot refund or exchange any tickets after purchase unless the entire event is cancelled for reasons beyond our control.
• Event partners reserve the right to refuse admittance to the venue or to remove any person from the venue for reasons of public safety, any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance, or injury or for any breach of event partners terms & conditions.
• Purchaser consents to a reasonable examination of his/her person and belongings to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations.
• Unless written permission is given by the organiser this ticket cannot be used for any promotional purposes.
• The event will take place ‘rain or shine’ unless otherwise indicated by event partners. Any decision to cancel the event will be taken as early as possible on the day and passengers advised accordingly. If the event is cancelled by us due to weather and patrons are unable to attend at an alternative time offered, then a refund will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Event partners reserve the right to make reasonable alterations or changes to the programme, staging or seating of the event without prior notification & without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets unless such alterations or changes make the event materially different to the event that the average consumer would have expected when purchasing a ticket.
• After purchase the purchaser of this ticket is responsible for its care. Ticket agents do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage of the ticket.
• All visitors must have their own valid ticket for entrance to the premises. Ticket purchaser voluntarily assumes all risk and danger of personal injury and responsibility for property loss, destruction or theft and all hazards arising from or relating in any way to the event for which this ticket is issued whether occurring prior to, during or after the event and releases the ticket issuer, the event producer, the facility, the sponsors, and all organisations involved from all liability thereafter save where and to the extent that arises from breach of contract (not due to the Force Majeure) or by the negligent act or omission of said organisations involved.
• Please ensure that you have chosen the right train time and date slot for your visit and arrive in time for your train – the time shown on your ticket is the time that your train departs the station, and you cannot board a later or earlier train. There will be no refunds available for late arrivals, for unused tickets and no refunds simply if the weather is inclement.
• If you cannot attend for any reason, we cannot alter your booking, however you can log in to your Universe account and transfer your ticket to another party up to 24 hours before your train time.
This park is fabulous! The grounds are very well kept with loads of wildlife! Plenty to see and do! Definitely on the list of things to do in Donegal
8/6/2021 – Tripadvisor
I went to Oakfield park with my 4 and 5 year old boys and in their words it was the best day of our holiday ever! From the start we were met with extremely kind and enthusiastic staff members who couldn’t be more helper. My son’s played in the playground and explored all Oakfield had to offer for six hours. It was so clean and well looked after. A hidden gem we will definitely be returning to.
7/7/2021 – TripAdvisor
Had a wonderful guided tour of the upper gardens (delighted to see 4 acres of wild flowers coming up and wild garlic everywhere) then strolled around the lower gardens later on. Scrap was still with us the last time we were here and his photo by the Faerie Tree is still one of my favourites. Oakfield is more beautiful than I remember and Morholt the Land Giant is amazing! Coffee at Buffers was great and cheap. Something for everyone.
30/05/2021 – Facebook
By FAR the best Santa experience we have visited. Every part is so well planned and feels so professional. From the train to the grotto to the outdoor entertainment and puppet show. My sons loved every bit of it. We ate at the restaurant and the food was so easy to order and quick. All round a 5* experience.
22/12/2020 – Tripadvisor
Beautiful gardens and superbly maintained. It is beautifully presented with wonderful facilities and staff. The railway is a gem and so much fun. The restaurant has good value food and great coffee. So much to see in the grounds. Do not miss a visit to Oakfield.
21/08/2021 – Google
If you visit more than a couple of times a year, this is the best pass you can get. Visit as many times as you like.