THE SANTA EXPRESS 2021 IS NOW SOLD OUT
Thank you to everyone who managed to get tickets this year. Our focus is now on making the event better than ever for when you arrive.
For details and to see a list of FAQs please see below. If you can’t find the email with your tickets, please email [email protected]
The Christmas menu for Buffers will be posted on here before the event. There will be no need to pre-book for food. Full details to follow by email in advance of the start of the event.
Due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19, the safety precautions that have been employed in the past 18 months will be in place and most importantly, even MORE FEATURES, MORE ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT are planned for when you are here.
The trains have been compartmentalised to separate and cocoon your family as you travel and measures have been taken throughout to socially distance everyone, to provide more cover and to make the event as safe and sustainable as possible.
We have fewer spaces this year because of these restrictions so this event is expected to sell out even quicker than previous years. Please pick your preferred date and time on the calendar below. The event is running from 1st to 23rd December.
To view a list of Frequently Asked Questions with Answers click HERE
We encourage everyone to read these questions and answers before booking, and before contacting us.
4 Person Compartment €79 – includes train ride for UP TO FOUR PEOPLE, meet Father Christmas, wrapped gifts for children, entertainment & a hot drink.
5 Person Compartment €99 – includes train ride for UP TO FIVE PEOPLE, meet Father Christmas, wrapped gifts for children, entertainment & a hot drink.
6 Person Compartment €119 – includes train ride for UP TO SIX PEOPLE, meet Father Christmas, wrapped gifts for children, entertainment & a hot drink.
Infants (Up to 12 months ONLY) do not count towards a space in a compartment for the train ride (please indicate the number of infants when booking). Infants do meet Father Christmas and receive an age appropriate gift. PLEASE do not book a child over 12 months old as an infant to travel on a knee as you will not be able to board the train.
Please note that tickets are for compartments only rather than individual seats so that your family is transported safely to meet Father Christmas. Multiple compartments may be booked for larger groups.
4, 5 and 6 Person compartments and those with wheelchair access are available on trains running on the hour and half past the hour.
4 and 5 Person Compartments are available on trains running at quarter past and quarter to the hour.
If you require WHEELCHAIR ACCESS, please book your tickets by emailing [email protected] We will get back to you by phone to complete your booking. If you wish to make a booking for a GROUP OF 30+ please email us for the best available rates.
Tickets may be presented for scanning ON ARRIVAL by printing or by having available on your mobile phone. Tickets will be in PDF format and will be attached to an email sent after booking. Therefore, it is important to enter your email address correctly during the booking process. You will receive train tickets and drinks tokens at the kiosk after your tickets have been scanned.
Itinerary & What’s New
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your train is due to depart. Especially this year, we cannot allocate on a later train if you do not arrive on time.
- Receive a complimentary cup of mulled wine or hot chocolate, from the log cabin in the piazza.
- This year, there will also be delicious snacks available to enjoy from the vintage ice cream van and full hot food menu available in Buffers restaurant.
- Pop your ticket in Santa’s magic ticket box and board your own personal carriage of the Santa Express at the station. Enjoy an enchanting train ride through Oakfield’s magnificent woodlands to meet Santa and his elves.
- The Santa Express is real train (not a tractor!), on 4.5km of narrow-gauge railway via thousands of lights, new installations and bright decorations. There will be even more lights and features than ever this year. Keep an eye out for the characters along the journey.
- A professional photographer will be on hand to safely capture this precious family moment and framed prints will be available to purchase in Santa’s grotto and printed instantly.
- All the boys and girls who have been good this year will receive special individually wrapped gifts from Santa and sit in front of him on his new sleigh, rather than on his knee, at a safe distance.
- Hop back on the train to Buffers, Oakfield’s beautiful restaurant, where you may dine from our delicious festive menu, making sure to post your Christmas letter to Santa in the Post Box. Social distancing measures will be in place.
- The puppets and their friends are back with a brand new show. Come and join them for a song and dance and watch the chaos of puppets preparing for Christmas.
- A brand new challenge set by Mrs. Claus; Christmas cluedo. Follow the clues to help Mrs Claus discover who stole her Christmas puddings!
- After you’ve solved the mystery, find Mrs Claus with her craft cart and learn how to make take home decorations!
- This year in the igloo, play the classic reindeer games and place your bets to be in with a chance to win….
- Meet Mrs Claus in her snuggly office and get your crafts from her travelling Christmas trolley.
- We have provided hand sanitiser at each location and regular cleaning will take place by our “clean team”, however it is important that you take precautions, adults wear face masks as per the most recent guidance, wash your hands regularly and respect the social distancing guidelines.
- It is essential, when travelling on the Santa Express, that all passengers remain seated at all times, no matter how excited! All children must be well supervised by a parent or guardian, whom throughout the experience, have full responsibility for their children.
- What to bring and wear
• This is an outdoor event; therefore, PPE is not compulsory.
• PPE, face coverings may be worn by adults.
• Please ensure you have sufficient warm and waterproof clothing, especially for the children.
• Due to social distancing, there will be some queuing outside for individual events: seeing Santa, Reindeer games, Buffers etc.
• Children’s prams and buggies will not be allowed on the train due to lack of space but can be left securely in the buggy park at the Station.
• Toilet and baby changing facilities are available at the Piazza.
Click this link for 10 Great Reasons To Book The Santa Express at Oakfield Park This Christmas
- SarahApple1722/12/2020 - TripAdvisor
Santa Express By FAR the best Santa experience we have visited. Every part is so well planned and feels so professional. From the train to the grotto to the outdoor entertainment and... read moreOonzy17/12/2020 - TripAdvisor
Santa Express 2020 I visited the Santa Express on 12/12/2021 with my Mum and my 4 yo son and I could not rate this experience highly enough.
My son had the best... read moreRoseMMoore15/12/2020 - TripAdvisor
Santa express What an experience!!! Having never been to Oakfield Park before, I was a little apprehensive considering we're in the throws of a pandemic! However my worries soon disappeared. Strict covid... read more
- James B14/12/2020 - TripAdvisor
Exceptional Santa Express Experience 2020 The Santa Express is absolutely fantastic this year (2020). My family and I attend the Santa express every year, and I must say this year was the best to... read more
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
By purchasing a ticket, the purchaser hereof agrees to and accepts all conditions of acceptance contained herein and all arena / organisation rules and standards of conduct posted in or about the venue. • It is with regret that we cannot refund or exchange any tickets after purchase unless the entire event is cancelled for reasons beyond our control.• Event partners reserve the right to refuse admittance to the venue or to remove any person from the venue for reasons of public safety, any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury or for any breach of event partners terms & conditions. • Purchaser consents to a reasonable examination of his/her person and belongings to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations. • Unless written permission is given by the organiser this ticket cannot be used for any promotional purposes. • The event will take place ‘rain or shine’ unless otherwise indicated by event partners. Any decision to cancel the event will be taken as early as possible on the day and passengers advised accordingly. If the event is cancelled by us due to weather and patrons are unable to attend at an alternative time offered, then a refund will be considered on a case by case basis. • If you are unable to attend because you are self-isolating please email [email protected] with evidence of this and we will process a refund for you • Event partners reserve the right to make reasonable alterations or changes to the programme, staging or seating of the event without prior notification & without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets unless such alterations or changes make the event materially different to the event that the average consumer would have expected when purchasing a ticket.• After purchase the purchaser of this ticket is responsible for its care. Ticket agents do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage of the ticket. • All visitors must have their own valid ticket for entrance to the gardens. Ticket purchaser voluntarily assumes all risk and danger of personal injury and responsibility for property loss, destruction or theft and all hazards arising from or relating in any way to the event for which this ticket is issued whether occurring prior to, during or after the event and releases the ticket issuer, the event producer, the facility, the sponsors, and all organisations involved from all liability thereafter save where and to the extent that arises from breach of contract (not due to the Force Majeure) or by the negligent act or omission of said organisations involved. • Please ensure that you have chosen the right train time and date slot for your visit and arrive in time for your train – you can not board a later or earlier train. There will be no refunds available on unused tickets or no refunds simply if the weather is inclement. • If you have been exposed to or are showing symptoms of COVID-19 you cannot attend this event. • If anyone in the party shows symptoms of COVID-19, the entire party will be denied access to the park. • Any refunds issued do not include the booking fee of €4.85 as these are third party fees.