Returning for 2020 is The Santa Express! This famously magical event books out very quickly every year and to avoid disappointment, we recommend booking your preferred date now to secure your family’s place at this extraordinary Christmas experience!
Due to COVID-19, many new safety precautions have been added this year as well as adding even more to enthrall passengers on the train ride and entertainment and activities for when you are here.
The trains have been compartmentalised to separate and cocoon your family as you travel and measures have been taken throughout to socially distance everyone, to provide more cover and to make the event as safe and sustainable as possible.
We have fewer spaces this year because of these restrictions so this event is expected to sell out even quicker than previous years. Please pick your preferred date and time on the calendar below. The event is running from 2nd to 23rd December.
BOOK YOUR PLACE WITH CONFIDENCE – If we are unable to run the event due to further COVID-19 restrictions we will refund all bookings.
To view a list of Frequently Asked Questions with Answers click HERE
We encourage everyone to read these questions and answers before booking, and before contacting us.
4 Person Compartment €79 – includes train ride for UP TO FOUR PEOPLE, meet Father Christmas, wrapped gifts for children, entertainment & a hot drink.
5 Person Compartment €99 – includes train ride for UP TO FIVE PEOPLE, meet Father Christmas, wrapped gifts for children, entertainment & a hot drink.
6 Person Compartment €119 – includes train ride for UP TO SIX PEOPLE, meet Father Christmas, wrapped gifts for children, entertainment & a hot drink.
Infants (under 1’s ONLY) do not count towards a space in a compartment for the train ride (please indicate the number of infants when booking). Infants do meet Father Christmas and receive an age appropriate gift. If you book a child over 1 year old as an infant to travel on a knee, you will not be able to board the train.
Please note that tickets are for compartments only rather than individual seats so that your family is transported safely to meet Father Christmas. Multiple compartments may be booked for larger groups.
4 and 6 Person Compartments are available on all trains.
5 Person compartments and those with wheelchair access are available on trains running at quarter past and quarter to the hour.
If you wish to make a booking for a GROUP OF 27+ please call us for the best available rates, or if you require WHEELCHAIR ACCESS, please book your tickets by calling our Reservations Hotline on 00353 (0) 74 9173922 or email [email protected] This line will be open Mon-Fri from 9.30am to 4pm only. If you have any questions please click HERE to view the answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions before calling or messaging.
Tickets may be presented for scanning ON ARRIVAL by printing or by having available on your mobile phone. Tickets will be in PDF format and will be attached to an email sent after booking. Therefore, it is important to enter your email address correctly during the booking process. You will receive train tickets and drinks tokens at the kiosk after your tickets have been scanned.
Itinerary & What’s New
• Your party must allow permission to have temperatures checked by our medical elf before being allowed access to the park.
• Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your train is due to depart. Especially this year, we cannot allocate on a later train if you do not arrive on time.
• Receive a complimentary cup of mulled wine or hot chocolate, from the vintage tea van.
• This year, there will also be delicious snacks available in the style of a Christmas Market to enjoy outdoors.
• Pop your ticket in Santa’s magic ticket box and board your own personal carriage of the Santa Express at the station. Enjoy an enchanting train ride through Oakfield’s magnificent woodlands to meet Santa and his elves.
• The Santa Express is real train (not a tractor!), on 4.5km of narrow-gauge railway via thousands of lights, new installations and bright decorations. There will be even more lights and features than ever this year. Keep an eye out for the characters along the journey.
• A professional photographer will be on hand to safely capture this precious family moment and framed prints will be available to purchase in Santa’s grotto and printed instantly.
• All the boys and girls who have been good this year will receive special individually wrapped gifts from Santa and sit in front of him on his new sleigh, rather than on his knee, at a safe distance.
• Hop back on the train to Buffers, Oakfield’s beautiful restaurant, where you may dine from our delicious festive menu, making sure to post your Christmas letter to Santa in the Post Box. Social distancing measures will be in place.
• For 2020, we will be launching a new, free to purchase Oakfield Park app allowing kids to virtually collect clues and solve the riddles that Mrs Claus has hidden across the park. The whole family can be involved to crack some of these difficult challenges. Complete Mrs Claus’ challenge to become a real elf and be entered into a prize draw.
• Then in the Igloo, take part in the Reindeer Games Tournaments along with our sportiest elves. Can you be the champion?
• Meet Mrs Claus in her snuggly office. She is hosting regular performances of a puppet show along with her beloved naughty puppets. Watch them get up to mischief and learn how to make take home Christmas craft.
• We have provided hand sanitiser at each location and regular cleaning will take place by our “clean team”, however it is important that you take precautions, bring face-masks if required, wash your hands regularly and respect the social distancing guidelines.
• It is essential, when travelling on the Santa Express, that all passengers remain seated at all times, no matter how excited! All children must be well supervised by a parent or guardian, whom throughout the experience, have full responsibility for their children.
What to bring and wear
• This is an outdoor event; therefore, PPE is not compulsory.
• PPE, face coverings may be worn in the grotto if desired or if required at that time.
• Please ensure you have sufficient warm and waterproof clothing, especially for the children.
• Due to social distancing, there will be some queuing outside for individual events: seeing Santa, Reindeer games, Buffers etc.
• Children’s prams and buggies will not be allowed on the train due to lack of space but can be left securely in the buggy park at the Station.
• Toilet and baby changing facilities are available at the Piazza.
Click this link for 10 Great Reasons To Book The Santa Express at Oakfield Park This Christmas
- Linda McGlinchey22/12/2019 - Facebook
Fantastic day out a on the Santa express. The Elves were fantastic so full of life and fun. Mrs Claus’s and graduation 👩🎓 Brillant. Fabulous day highly recommend to anyone.... read moreVeronica Gallen22/12/2019 - Facebook
came here with family and friends last week and all I can say is wow!! We all loved it, and the kids had a magical time. All the elves were... read more
- dusty6920521/12/2019 - TripAdvisor
Santa experience Excellent. Well laid out, things to do for kids. Friendly elves. The train ride and Santa visit was the highlight. Good quality presents. Light displays are very good. Kids (and... read moreMarie Curran19/12/2019 - Facebook
We went to the Santa Express last night and thoroughly enjoyed every second! The weather was awful but the lovely friendly elves where full of fun and festive cheer! Santa... read moreEdel Slevin18/12/2019 - Facebook
I took my 2 beauitful grandaughters and their mum's to The Santa Express it was magical I do belive... after that wonderful evening, loved it was a fantastic experience, very... read more
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
By purchasing a ticket, the purchaser hereof agrees to and accepts all conditions of acceptance contained herein and all arena / organisation rules and standards of conduct posted in or about the venue. • It is with regret that we cannot refund or exchange any tickets after purchase unless the entire event is cancelled for reasons beyond our control.• Event partners reserve the right to refuse admittance to the venue or to remove any person from the venue for reasons of public safety, any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury or for any breach of event partners terms & conditions. • Purchaser consents to a reasonable examination of his/her person and belongings to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations. • Unless written permission is given by the organiser this ticket cannot be used for any promotional purposes. • The event will take place ‘rain or shine’ unless otherwise indicated by event partners. Any decision to cancel the event will be taken as early as possible on the day and passengers advised accordingly. If the event is cancelled by us due to weather and patrons are unable to attend at an alternative time offered, then a refund will be considered on a case by case basis. • If you are unable to attend because you are self-isolating or due to any other restriction, you and your family can still get to experience The Santa Express virtually, as we will send you a pre-recorded video of the entire event, a message from Santa, and we will post your presents and craft packs out to your home. Please email [email protected] stating your order number. • Event partners reserve the right to make reasonable alterations or changes to the programme, staging or seating of the event without prior notification & without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets unless such alterations or changes make the event materially different to the event that the average consumer would have expected when purchasing a ticket.• After purchase the purchaser of this ticket is responsible for its care. Ticket agents do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage of the ticket. • All visitors must have their own valid ticket for entrance to the gardens. Ticket purchaser voluntarily assumes all risk and danger of personal injury and responsibility for property loss, destruction or theft and all hazards arising from or relating in any way to the event for which this ticket is issued whether occurring prior to, during or after the event and releases the ticket issuer, the event producer, the facility, the sponsors, and all organisations involved from all liability thereafter save where and to the extent that arises from breach of contract (not due to the Force Majeure) or by the negligent act or omission of said organisations involved. • Please ensure that you have chosen the right train time and date slot for your visit. There will be no refunds available on unused tickets or no refunds simply if the weather is inclement. • If you have been exposed to or are showing symptoms of COVID-19 you cannot attend this event. • If anyone in the party shows symptoms of COVID-19, the entire party will be denied access to the park. • If your temperature is measured as high on arrival, you will be refused admission to the event and a refund of the full ticket price provided. • Any refunds issued do not include the booking fee of €4.85 as these are third party fees.