JEWEL in the heart of
Sitting in a lush landscape of parklands and mature woodlands, overlooking the distant Croaghan Mountain, the grounds include a traditional walled garden and kitchen garden. The lower gardens consist of a large lake, planted with reeds and wild flowers. This is now home to swans and abundant wildlife. A Castle Folly built on the opposite shore provides stunning views.
Flower meadows, lakes and streams, as well as wild and wetland areas are entwined with over 4km of narrow gauge railway to give hours of pleasure. Discover willow tunnels, oak circles, boardwalks, several heritage trees, a par-terre and classical Nymphaeum by the upper lake.
- Formal Walled Garden & Kitchen Garden
- Parkland, Woodland & Riverside Walks
- Abundant Wildlife
- Train Rides at regular intervals each day
- Thoughtfully placed pieces of sculpture
- Garden Group Tours by arrangement
- BUFFERS tea rooms serving freshly brewed coffee, tea, home bakery, light meals, ice cream and Donegal craft Beers
- W.C’s with Baby Changing Unit
- Car Parking & Picnic Benches